See Tbilisi independently for 2 days
In order to see Tbilisi two days are enough. If you want to spend more time or to visit additionally some places, then you maybe should make adjustments in a two-day stay in the city of Tbilisi. We offer this schedule as the most optimal one. If you find any inaccuracy or want to tell us about your more advanced route, we will be very grateful to you.
This route is more measured than the route for 1 day (see Tbilisi for 1 day)
Write, call us: email@example.com, +995-571-951-951
This route is not dedicated to the sights of the city. If you want to read about the sights in Tbilisi, then this can be done on our website by clicking on the link..
Route and its schedule:
1. The first day:
- Narikala fortress, you can climb on foot (a bit exhausting and the mountain is not small), especially if you are not a young man, the second most comfortable option is to use the cable car. The ticket office and the beginning of the ropeway are on the left bank of the Kura River in Rike Park - 1 hour to climb and look around.
- Go to the monument "Mother of Georgia", then, return to the square "Meidan" on foot and watch the houses and streets of the old Tiflis. If you are a little tired or your legs hurt, then you should use a cable car and go down in the booth. Time for descent on foot and inspection - up to 1 hour, time for descent in the booth - 10 minutes.
- Inspection of the Metekhi Cathedral and the monument to the founder and the first king of Georgia, Gorgasali, is located opposite the cable car in the left bank of the river Kura, the cathedral, its fortress wall and the monument of Gorgasali towering over the river - about 30 minutes. There is still a picturesque winding road to Avlabar, maybe it will tighten you, but you will not see anything except a small serpentine and a couple of buildings.
- After examining the cathedral, pass to Meidan, then after 50 meters see sulfur baths with a park. Walk in the park; go to the bath - about 30 minutes, of course, if you do not decide to relax in the baths.
- Dine on Meidan or on the Shardeni street - about 1 hour. Prices on Meidan plus minus the same as on the street, do not think that in this place of the congestion of tourists the prices will immediately be astronomically high.
- Walk up the street Kote Abkhazi (old street name - Leselidze) to Liberty Square. Here we see the fountain, the building of the old City Hall, you can go a little higher from Leselidze through the square and turn left, here you will find a large number of fashionable restaurants with great prices, very expensive cars and all the attributes of the high society of Georgia. On the rise and inspection - 30 - 40 minutes.
- Go from Liberty Square to Kolhoznaya Square. Here you can see the excavations of the old city, which were discovered by accident during the construction of a new route, at a depth of about 10 meters old buildings were discovered, after which the road was stopped and the place was considered as a historic. The road was very necessary as it is a lively center, so they welded a metal frame and put asphalt on it. The time is 20 minutes.
- Further go towards the quay, look at the wall on the right side, it was such a small city and here it ended, in the remains of the fortress wall there are cafes and shops. Before the quay turn right and pass by Gabriadze Theater. The theater is interesting with its figures on the clock, here are a couple of nice little restaurants where jazz music plays in the evenings. Restaurants and shops in the district are busy at any time of the day. Stop - 10-20 minutes.
- Pass a quiet street along the embankment. The street was restored, but it is narrow. To the left are the buildings that belonged to the Orthodox lord of Georgia, here is the office of Georgian Orthodoxy, and here the patriarch of Georgia lives and works. On the right are restored houses, hostels. It is pretty nice here and you can make some good photos. Spend 10-15 minutes here.
- Reach the glass bridge, which is called the Peace Bridge. The bridge is pedestrian, at night it shimmers with all colors because of the beautiful illumination. The bridge has an elegant roof and looks like the helmet of a Spanish knight, this was exactly what Don Quixote had. People nicknamed this bridge differently, apparently other associations among people, it is called "always" in honor of the famous women's pads "with wings", there is some similarity too. From the bridge pass into the park of Rike. In the park you can watch a musical fountain, the Opera House in a futuristic style, sculptures. Children will like the park, there is a children's playground - takes about 30-40 minutes.
- Take a walk in the evening Tbilisi: Shardeni, Rike Park – look at Tbilisi in the evening and make sure that during the day and night Tbilisi is different city, at night something will remind you of Paris, something different.
2. The second day:
- Reach Avlabar, the Armenian quarter. Pass to the central Temple of Georgia - Holy Trinity Cathedral - about 1 hour
- In the square with fountains on Avlabar sit on the minibus or bus towards the House of Justice and on the way look at the President's Palace. Leave near the House of Justice. We visit the House of Justice - House-mushroom, see how they register a business, get Georgian passports, you will be surprised and decide that you are not in a state institution, but in an entertainment business center - 40 minutes.
- Pass to the "dry bridge", 10 minutes from the building of Justice. There is a market right on the street. You can find quite rare items from movie cameras to antique carpets and even cassettes for tape recorders. 30 minutes for all.
- Heading to the street of David the Builder (David Agmashenebeli). You can walk on foot (not close) or take a few bus stops. This is a renovated street with beautiful architecture and a small square - walk to the street 40 minutes, 10-15 minutes by shuttle bus, time on the street 30-40 minutes, if you sit in the park - 1 hour.
- Lunch - about 1 hour or 30 minutes if you use Turkish cafes on Agmashenebeli.
- Botanical garden + inspection of Georgian oligarchs' houses, it is better to use a bus or taxi.
- Evening walk around Tbilisi
In addition, in Tbilisi you can go to the mountain and have fun in the amusement park, the road takes about 1 hour and you will spend at least 2-3 hours in the park, there are also good restaurants there.
Perhaps you will also be interested in our publications:
- Kakheti for 2 days
- Borjomi, Akhaltsikhe and Vardzia for 2 days
- Travels for 1 day
- Travels for 3 days
- Sights of Tbilisi