All of Kakheti, look for 2 days
This route is for a two-day visit to Kakheti, as part of the trip you will see Sighnaghi, Telavi, monasteries, mountain passes and villages and also touch the fortress walls of the old Kakheti state. The route is built on the principle of visiting Sighnaghi, and after the neighborhood of Telavi there is also a road right to Telavi, but in this case your entire route will have to be rebuilt in a different mode. We do not insist that we offer you the best variant of the trip, this is one of the options for the trip, which is used by 80% of people exploring this region in 2 days.
Route in details:
Day 1 of the trip:
- First we go to the village of Manavi, that is located 65 km from Tbilisi. Get here from Tbilisi in about 1 hour. The village is famous for the fact that in every yard they sell Cherchel.
- Further go to the village of Badiauri, about 15 km from Manavi. Here they bake delicious Georgian bread and produces Georgian cheese. The road and inspection - about 20 minutes.
- Further go to the village of Cagrati, about 10 km from Badiauri. Here have a delicious shish-kebab. If you did not like shish kebab, meat in this village will not leave you indifferent. If you stop here to eat, then you will spend about 1 hour.
- Further go to the area of Bodbe, about 30 km from the town of Cagrati, see the monastery of Nino. You will need 1.5 - 2 hours for the road and the monastery.
- Leave for Sighnaghi, about 5 minutes from Bodbe. In Sighnaghi look at the fortress, taste wine, look for a hotel, walk the city for 1-2 hours.
- Go to Nekresi, the journey takes about 1 hour, here examine the monastery 1.5 hours
- Move to Telavi, about 40 minutes on the road, here stay for the night
2nd day of the trip:
- Go to the museum of Ilya Chavchavadze, about 30 minutes on the road, in the museum you will spend 2 hours
- Leave for Gremi, about 30 minutes on the way from the Chavchavadze museum, here look at the fortress wall and the cathedral, spend about 30 minutes
- Move to Alaverdi, on the road from Gremi you will spend about 30 minutes, here look at the cathedral, vineyards, taste wine, you will spend here 30 minutes
- Leave for Ikalto - 20 minutes on the road from Alaverdi, here you will see the cathedral, the housing of the monks, you will spend 30 minutes
- Return to Tbilisi by another road and on the way go to Shuamta, it is 20 minutes from Ikalto, here you will see 2 cathedrals that are 2 km apart from each other, you will spend here 40-50 minutes
- Near Shuamta you can stop for lunch - about 1 hour
- Return to Tbilisi - about 1 hour
If you find any inaccuracies or want to improve this route or offer your own, please write to us: email@example.com
Perhaps you will also be interested in our articles:
- Explore Tbilisi for 2 days
- Trip to Borjomi and Vardzia for 2 days
- Attractions in Telavi and Kakheti
- Sights of Tbilisi
- All trips for 1 day
- Useful publications on Georgia