Kazbegi and Telavi 2 day trip
This route can be called the route of mountain inspection, local color and the most beautiful landscapes of Georgia. The route is full of colors, of mountains, forests and mountain rivers, glaciers and local villages.
The first day of the trip, Kazbegi
Departure from the hotel at 09 AM.
- Trip to Ananuri takes: 1-1.5 hours, sightseeing
- Then move to Gudauri: the road takes 1 hour. Walking in the ski resort: 30 - 60 minutes
- Move to Kazbegi: 1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes, climb to the Temple by foot: 2 hours or by local transport: 20 minutes, sightseeing until one hour
- Trip to Stepantsminda
- Return to Tbilisi: 2-2,5 hours, have a supper, spend the night in Tbilisi
Do not think that the trip is boring or not interesting in this format, there are a lot of Temples, mountain rivers, glaciers and hiking trails along the way, and also excellent places for photos. This is a very picturesque place, you’ll have a headache from the fact that you will look in a different directions on the most beautiful species that will flash outside the window.
The second day of the trip, Telavi
Departure at 09 AM from the hotel or earlier, the day is also very saturated.
There we describe the road through the Gombori pass, there is another road also, but it is better combined with another city of Kakheti, Sighnaghi.
- Leave Tbilisi, after 50 km of the way look to the Ujarma fortress, the time of the trip to the fortress from Tbilisi: 1 hour, time for the fortress - 20 minutes
- The Sasodilo village, travel time: 20-30 minutes, 20 km from the fortress. During the trip you see the Cold Mountain, on one side the mountain is covered with vegetation, and on the other - absolutely naked.
- After passing the Gombori pass, you will see subalpine meadows, there is no other vegetation than grass, very similar to the Alps. You can observe the Caucasian ridge from this palce.
- Stop on a spring - drink spring cold water
- Stop near to Shuamta monasteries, one old, one - new. Shuamta translates "between the mountains", the time you spend there: 30-40 minutes.
- Telavi – just a walk through Telavi tooks 1-2 hours
- Return to Tbilisi: 1.5 hours.
This route can be changed:
- In Kakheti, you can spend two days making a night in Telavi or the surrounding area
- You can initially go to Kakheti, and the next day to Kazbegi.
If you like our route, share it with your friends.
If you find a mistake or want to supplement the route, write to us:
, To order a car rental in Georgia, use the order
form on the main page
of the site or call us on
Kutaisi, Mtskheta, Uplistsikhe, Gori 2 days tour
2 days journey to Kazbegi, Borjomi and Akhaltsikhe
Kazbegi, Stepantsminda and Gudauri for 1 day from Tbilisi
- All trips for 1 days
Borjomi, Akhaltsikhe and Vardzia for 2 days