We travel to Kazbegi and Kutaisi, a trip for 2 days
First day of travel
You begin the journey at 09 am from the hotel.
- Trip to Ananuri - takes 1-1.5 hours, sightseeing
- Moving to Gudauri - the road takes 1 hour Walking in the ski resort - 30 - 60 minutes
- Moving to Kazbegi - 1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes, climb to the Temple by foot - 2 hours or local transport - 20 minutes, sightseeing until one hour
- Trip to Stepantsminda
- We return to Tbilisi 2-2.5 hours
- Dinner and Overnight in Tbilisi
Second day of travel
You leave the hotel at 09 am, go to Kutaisi through a beautiful, but protracted pass, just about 3-3.5 hours on the way.
In Kutaisi there are two options for inspection:
- You focus on historical attractions
- You focus on natural landscapes, caves and ....
Historical sights in priority:
- Bagrat Temple - a cathedral of the X-XI centuries, has a special warehouse of Georgian architecture - about 30-40 minutes for inspection and 20 minutes to get here.
- Lunch - choose a restaurant for lunch - 1 hour
- The State Historical Museum of Kutaisi - about 2 hours for inspection.
- Museum of Archeology Vani - an exhibition in which the historical development of Vani is presented from VIII to I century BC - 1 - 1.5 hours for inspection.
- Walk through the historical district of Kutaisi, namely - streets Tsereteli, Pushkin, St. Nino, Tsisperkantselt, White Bridge - investigate the culture of this region, if desired - 1 - 2 hours.
- Gelati Cathedral - a temple that was the center of education in the Middle Ages, is a cultural monument of Georgia and UNESCO. In the courtyard of this temple is the grave of David the Builder - 40 minutes for inspection and travel to the Temple.
- Monastery complex Motsameta - located only 6 km from Kutaisi - 1 hour for inspection and travel
- The pillar of Katzha is a 40 meter limestone monolith, on top of which there is a church - about 40 minutes for inspection.
- Return to Tbilisi - 4 hours or go to Batumi - about 2.5-3 hours, you can stay and spend the night in Kutaisi.
Landscape attractions in priority:
- Lunch on the way to the reserve there is a good restaurant - 1 hour for lunch, if you have dinner in this restaurant, then from the route around the city 30-40 minutes, but already to the caves they do not need to go just 5 minutes from you.
- Sataplia national park - located near the village of Banoga, is a protected area covered with forests, an area of more than 500 hectares. On the territory of this reserve there are traces of dinosaurs, you can go to the karst cave-here for about 2 hours.
- Prometheus Cave - a cave with stalactites and stalagmites, there are petrified waterfalls and underground rivers - 2 hours for inspection and boating.
- Gordy Canyon - located in the valley of the Okatce River, there is a pedestrian suspension bridge, about 1 km long and about 140 meters high above the cliff - it takes about 1 hour to travel here, the time spent here is also 1-2 hours.
- Return to Tbilisi - 4 hours, you can go further to Batumi or spend the night in Kutaisi.
If there is time left, pay attention to the historical sights.
- If you chose a landscape variant in Kutaisi, then you will spend the entire journey in the nature and natural phenomena in Georgia, there will not be much history here, rather the history of the people's life will be intertwined with the nature of the local region. It is very picturesque and interesting.
- Choosing the historical priorities in Kutaisi, you will come into contact with nature on the first day and plunge into history, museums and temples on the second day.
Do not think that the version of history is much more diverse than a landscape trip. Kazbegi and the surroundings of Kutaisi are completely different, they are absolutely different formats of nature, species and travel.
We hope you enjoyed our description of the travel and you are happy to share it with your friends.
If you find a mistake or want to supplement the route, write to us:
, To order a car rental in Georgia, use the order
form on the main page
of the site or call us on
Kutaisi, Mtskheta, Uplistsikhe, Gori 2 days tour
2 days journey to Kazbegi, Borjomi and Akhaltsikhe
Kazbegi, Stepantsminda and Gudauri for 1 day from Tbilisi
- All trips for 1 days
Borjomi, Akhaltsikhe and Vardzia for 2 days