Georgia in two days
xGeorgia is a country of dizzying mountains, endless sea, healing air, exciting history, tasty wine and unimaginably friendly people.
Day 1 of the trip:
- First of all, we are going from Tbilisi to the village of Manavi. Here it is the best to make a stop to try the famous Churchkhela, it is the most delicious here;
- From Manavi we are going to the village of Badiari. We make a stop here to try the best Georgian cheese and bread.
- After that, we head towards the village of Kagreti. We make a stop and have a delicious barbecue dinner. Meat will not leave anyone indifferent.
- Next, we follow to the Bodbe area to explore the Nino monastery. The monastery is surrounded by bars and is closed for visitors at seven o'clock in the evening, so it is better to come here in the afternoon.
- We are going to Sighnaghi to inspect the local fortress and taste Georgian wine.
- From Sighnaghi we are going to Nekresi. We stop for a walk to enjoy the picturesque views.
- We are going to Telavi, where we stay overnight.
Day 2 of the trip:
- We visit the museum of Ilya Chavchavadze. The museum contains the manuscripts of the writer, as well as portraits and photographs that are an example of the 19th century Georgian culture.
- We go to Gremi and look at the fortress wall and the cathedral.
- We are heading to Alaverdi to see the cathedral and vineyards, as well as to taste the local wine.
- Further, in Ikalto we look at the cathedral and the monks' accommodation.
- On the way back to Tbilisi, we drive to Shuamta, where we look at 2 cathedrals at a distance of two kilometers from each other. Also, make a stop to have lunch.
- We are returning to Tbilisi.
Borjomi, Akhaltsikhe and Vardzia
- We leave from Tbilisi to Borjomi. Here we stop to walk in the park and try the water from the spring. The name of the city comes from the words Borj (fortress wall) and omi (war). The city is known for its healing springs, many tourists come to drink water to prevent and treat the gastrointestinal tract. We can also ride on the cableway.
- Heading to Akhaltsikhe. We make a stop for lunch, after which we go to the Rabat fortress and hire a guide to learn the details about the history of Georgia. Now on the territory of the fortress there is a museum, a wine shop and an information center.
- After the end of the tour we are looking for a place to sleep.
- From Borjomi we are going to Vardzia. There we inspect the cave city. It was built in the 12th century during the reign of Queen Tamar. In the vicinity of Vardzia there are many other cave cities. Vardzia is considered sacred.
- After lunch, visit the local fortress, which is 40 minutes from the cave city.
- We are going back to Tbilisi.
Kutaisi, Mtskheta, Uplistsikhe, Gori
1 day trip:
- On the way to Uplistsikhe, we stop at Jvari and inspect the local temple. This monastery, built in the 7th century, is located near the city of Mtskheta.
- Then we go to Uplistsikhe and inspect the local attractions. Uplistsikhe – is a cave city, located 10 kilometers from the city of Gori. It is assumed that it was built around the year 1000 BC.
- We come to Gori and visit the museum of Stalin. Founded in the 1950s, the museum was built in the Gothic style.
- From Gori we are going to Kutaisi, where we stop for lunch.
- In Kutaisi, we visit the temple of Bagrat, Gelati Cathedral and the city itself, after which we are looking for a place to spend the night. Bagrat Temple – is the greatest monument of culture and architecture of Georgia, was erected in 10-11 centuries. Gelati Cathedral or Gelati Monastery of the Virgin Mary is located 11 kilometers from Kutaisi. The word "gelati" comes from the Greek language and means "birth".
2 day trip:
- Join the tour and inspect the Prometheus Caves. They were discovered in 1984 and almost immediately became one of the most famous sights of Georgia.
- Independently inspect Martvili Canyon - a picturesque landmark of the mountains and rocks. After this, we examine the Katskhi pillar - a limestone block, on which a small church stands.
- We return to Tbilisi, where we examine the Temple of Svetitskhoveli - one of the main Georgian Orthodox churches, towers and city walls.
1. First day:
- we explore the Narikala fortress - built in the 4th century, located on Mtatsminda mountain in Tbilisi.
- we go to the monument “Mother Georgia” (Kartlis Deda), which holds in one hand a bowl for friends, and in another one - a sword - for enemies, then we return to Meydan Square and examine the surroundings.
- we spend time on the inspection of the Metekhi Cathedral - in the past the former fortress and abode of the Georgian kings and the monument of Gorgasali - the founder and first king of Georgia.
- 50 meters from Meydan we can see sulfur baths. We visit them and relax.
- we walk along Kote Abkhazi street, after which we visit Freedom Square.
- We go to the side of the Embankment, where we attend the Gabriadze Theater. This is the puppet theater of Rezo Gabriadze, founded in 1981.
- we reach the glass bridge - the Bridge of Peace, passing through the bridge, we go to Rike Park.
- we walk in the evening Tbilisi: Shardeni street, Rike Park. Shardeni Street is known for many cafes, bars and clubs locate on it - everything that is necessary for nightlife.
2. Second day:
- We reach Avlabar - the Armenian quarter and go to the Temple of Georgia - Holy Trinity Cathedral.
- We visit the House of Justice and examine it. The House of Justice opened in 2012 and was created by the project of the architect Massimiliano Fuksas.
- Heading towards David the Builder street, in Georgian - David Agmashenebeli.
- Inspect the botanical garden. It was founded in 1845. More than 3,500 plant species grow in the garden.
- We make an evening walk through Tbilisi.
If you find a mistake or want to supplement the route, write to us:
, To order a car rental in Georgia, use the order
form on the main page
of the site or call us on
Borjomi, Akhaltsikhe and Vardzia
Kutaisi, Mtskheta, Uplistsikhe, Gori 2 days tour
Kutaisi, Mtskheta, Uplistsikhe, Mountain rise for 2 days
See Tbilisi on your own in 2 days
Tbilisi, Mtskheta, Gori and Uplistsikhe for 2 days
Georgia in one day